Pedestrian Struck After Mother Takes Kids On High Speed Police Chase
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)–A mother is in custody after leading police on a high speed chase with her five children, including an infant, inside the car.
FOX 2 was doing a story on the St. Louis Rams when our engineer spotted the end of a police chase.
This happened around 4:30 p.m. at Broadway and Convention.
The Wellston police department says the chase started from a shoplifting incident involving the woman at a dollar store. She took off in a white mini van and slammed into a police car. The officer was not seriously injured.
The police chase went through north St. Louis where the woman allegedly hit a pedestrian. The victim was taken to a hospital listed in guarded condition.
The vehicle crashed in front of the Edward Jones Dome. The woman ran from the scene, leaving her children behind, but was arrested quickly by police.
Police interviewed some of the children and a female passenger at the scene. That woman was in custody a short time but was later released. Some of the kids were screaming and crying in the backseat. The children were not injured.
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Two killed in double motorcycle crash in Wentzville
- Mother of three loses 110 pounds after battling baby weight