Metro East Chase Ends in South St. Louis, Suspect Tased
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) -One man is arrested after a crazy overnight police chase that started in the Metro East and ended in South St. Louis. The pursuit lasted around 45 minutes.
It started around 2:00 a.m. Wednesday when Brooklyn police say they tried to pull over a Ford Explorer because the license plate on the car didn’t match the vehicle. Brooklyn cops say the man in the SUV took off.
They say they tried to stop him from getting onto the McKinley Bridge by blocking the road with a patrol car. That when police say the man backed up and almost hit a Brooklyn cruiser. The crash continued over the Poplar Street Bridge and finally ended in South St. Louis.
Police say the man hit a tree at Fyler and Lawn. After hitting the tree he got out and tried to make a run for it. That’s when Brooklyn officers tased the suspect. He was taken away on a stretcher.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media