Cold Weather Not Stopping Weekend Events
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)– It’s been a cold and soggy Friday and with a lot of events underway this weekend from homecoming games to fall festivals the weather threatens some of the fun.
But one thing about St. Louisians, they know how unpredictable October can be, so they are usually prepared.
At the Missouri Botanical Garden they’re hosting the best of Missouri market. The event is outside but always under tents.
So they want folks to know a little rain & cold temperatures shouldn’t keep you away.
There will be more than 120 vendors selling food, flowers, jewelry, clothing, handcrafted items, toys, all made in Missouri.
Organizers are hoping the colder weather will get you in the holiday spirit
The Best of Missouri Market runs from 6p to 9p Friday and all day Sat. & sun. There will also be music & llamas & and a pumpkin patch for kids.
There are some other weekend events, like the Belleville Chili Cook Off which begins Friday night, but all the vendors are under tents. Also Rock Hill’s Fall Festival, it begins Saturday.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified