Construction To Begin Tuesday on Chain of Rocks Canal Bridge
GRANITE CITY, IL (KTVI) – Drivers, beware. There will be delays on the Chain of Rocks Canal bridge beginning Tuesday morning.
The construction zone cones are already in place. The Illinois Department of Transportation say crews are going to make needed repairs to the existing bridge. For two weeks starting Tuesday, there will be lane restrictions heading eastbound.
IDOT says instead of two lanes going east, there will only be one. Then, when that work is finished, there will be lane restrictions heading westbound for one week. Westbound traffic could be reduced during those repairs as well.
IDOT is urging drivers to use extreme caution through this work zone and expect delays. The work is beginning Tuesday because of the Columbus Day holiday.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media