Cheetah Conservation Fund Event Tuesday Evening
(KTVI) – In 1990, Dr. Laurie Marker left her position with the Smithsonian and moved to Africa where she founded the Cheetah Conservation Fund. So many awards and accolades, including being named a hero for the planet by Time Magazine.
Dr. Marker is speaking and raising money. She will be at the St. Louis Zoo from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. in “The Living World” area speaking as part of the Zoo’s Lunchtime Wildlife Lecture Series.
Later a reception benefit for CCF will be held at the Racquet Club on Kingshighway from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tickets are $150 per couple with proceeds going to benefit CCF. Ticket purchases are fully tax-deductible.
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Two killed in double motorcycle crash in Wentzville
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Mother of three loses 110 pounds after battling baby weight