Car Flees Police, Crashes Into Metro East Home
GRANITE CITY, IL (KTVI) – A car crashed into a Granite City, Illinois, home after the driver allegedly took off during a traffic stop a little before 8:30pm Tuesday. Wednesday morning, a suspect was in custody.
Granite City police say they pulled over a car for a traffic stop. Authorities say during the stop, the driver took off in the car. Police say officers did not chase the car.
A short time later, the driver apparently lost control and crashed into a home on Kilarney Avenue. There were apparently two people inside the house but they were not hurt.
Not long after the wreck, police say officers found the driver of the car limping down the street. He was taken into custody and then taken to a hospital to be checked out.
We`re told he was not seriously hurt and is now behind bars at the Granite City police department.
Charges are expected Wednesday afternoon.
Police say it’s unclear why the man took off from police in the first place.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon