Werth’s Walkoff HR beats Cards 2-1, Forces 5th Game in NLDS
The Nationals Jayson Werth led off the bottom of the 9th inning with a solo walk off home run off Lance Lynn to give Washington a 2-1 win in Game 4 and send the NLDS to a decisive 5th game.
Game 4 was a pitcher’s duel between the Cardinals Kyle Lohse and the Nats Ross Detwiler, a Wentzville, MO native. The Nats scored on a 2nd inning home run by Adam LaRoche. The Cardinals tied it on Carlos Beltran’s sac fly in the 3rd inning.
After that it was all pitching, until Werth’s game ending blast. Fox 2 Sports’ Maurice Drummond was in the nation’s capitol for the Cards post game comments.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview