Joplin Receives $45 Million HUD Grant
JOPLIN, Mo. (AP) _ Joplin city officials officially received a $45.3 million federal grant to help the city recover from the destruction of the May 22, 2011 tornado.
The Community Development Block Grant from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development was presented to the city Thursday.
The Joplin Globe reports (http://bit.ly/ReqsPS ) that the Joplin City Council has already approved plans for the money. Those plans include $12.75 million to build single-family homes; $9 million for mixed-income multifamily housing; and $5.4 million to restore the city’s Union Depot.
Information from: The Joplin Globe, http://www.joplinglobe.com
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview