KC Woman Sues After Drink Laced With Laxative
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) – A Kansas City woman who says she drank a soft drink laced with laxative is suing over what was supposed to be a prank.
Barbara Nelson says she bought the altered Coca-Cola at a Family Dollar Store on Sept. 10.
Police say one of the store’s employees put laxative in the drink as a prank against another employee and put it in the employees’ lounge. However, the targeted worker noticed the laxative tablets and allegedly put the bottles back into a cooler intended for customers.
The Kansas City Star reports Nelson became ill after realizing something was wrong and returning to the store. She was treated at a hospital for dehydration and cramps.
A spokesman for Family Dollar says the company doesn’t comment on pending litigation.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash