Suspect Connected To Serial South City Robberies Arrested

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) - St. Louis police have arrested a man who may be responsible for robbing and shooting three people. It happened on October 14th, 16th and Wednesday night, all near South Grand Boulevard.

In each case the robbery victims surrendered their money and valuables, but were still shot. 

Police say 24-year-old Vincent Newman had been charged with one of the robberies and shootings and will probably be charged with the other two.

Police said it was urgent to catch the suspect, because the victims were all shot.

 “That is rare. You’ll see that when victims fight, those things may happen. Typically, most, most of, robbers, and I don’t want to minimize robbery that's a very dangerous, a very serious crime. And they're thugs. They’re bullies. That’s what they are. But to do something like this but like I said yesterday it raises a concern for us,” said Lt. Col. Lawrence O’Toole.

Police say Newman had served prison time for robbery and drug possession and that they're investigating to see whether he might have pulled off more robberies than only these three.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.