Indiana Hands Illini Another Loss, 31-17
The Indiana Hooisers won their first Big Ten Conference game since the 2010 season, breaking an 11 game losing streak when they beat the Fighting Illini 31-17 on Saturday afternoon in Champaign, IL.
It was a game filled with penalties and turnovers for Illinois, who drop to 0-4 in Big Ten play and 2-5 overall. Quarterback Nathan Scheelhaase threw a touchdown pass and scored on a TD run, but it wasn’t enough. A fumbled punt and a late hit penalty by the Illini directly led to two Indiana scores. Running back Stephen Houston scored three touchdowns for the victorious Hooisers.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Missouri half-brothers meet after 18-year search