Florida Fends off Mizzou 14-7 in the Swamp
The Missouri Tigers gave the Florida Gators everything they could handle, but fell 14-7 in the Swamp in Gainesville, Florida. Mizzou played tough defense all game limiting the 7th ranked Gators to 276 total yards. But Missouri quarterback James Franklin’s four interceptions proved costly as the Tigers had numerous chances to tie the game.
Kendial Lawrence starting the scoring on a one yard TD run in the second quarter. Florida tied the game in the third quarter on Omarius Hines 36 yard run for a score, knotting the game at 7. The Gators grabbed their first lead of the game in the fourth quarter on Jeff Driskel’s 45 yard TD pass to Mike Gillislee, making it a 14-7 game.
The Tigers drove deep in Florida territory twice after the Gators go ahead score, but two costly interceptions by Franklin, ended the Tigers chances for an upset.
Missouri is now 4-5 overall and 1-5 in SEC play.
- Two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville school bus accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media