Business Closes To “Mourn” Obama Win
BEDFORD, Va. (WDBJ7.com) – The six signs posted on Lyons Jewelers in Bedford, Virginia got everyone’s attention on Wednesday.
The signs explained why Lyons Jewelers was not open.
The largest sign told people it was closed to “mourn the loss of the America that our forefathers endowed to us.”
A friend of the owner told WDBJ7.com R.T. Lyons used his store to vent his frustration with the election results. The owner’s friend said employees were given the day off with pay.
By Elizabeth Harrington
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media