FLORISSANT, MO (KTVI) – Nathan Bennett showed off Hendel's Market & Café.
In 1873, the building was established as a grocery and general store. It was purchased by the Hendel family 1915. For the next 78 years, the store continued as a specialty grocery and butcher shop until Henry and Marge Hendel retired in August 1993.
In November 1994, Ed Bennett bought the historic building and transformed it into a restaurant. A new 700-square-foot room was added in February 2009. Ed Bennett passed away in August 2009, but his dreams live on through his family Julie, Josh, Nathan and Christina.
Find out more: http://www.hendelsrestaurant.com/