Officer Inspires After Paralyzing Attack
FLORISSANT, MO (KTVI) – Officer Mike Vernon is paralyzed from the waist down but his attitude about life is incredible.
The man charged with shooting officer Vernon is 21-year-old Brian Cannon, Jr. He was scheduled for a court hearing at St. Louis County court on Friday, But the hearing was continued indefinitely.
Officer vernon was responding to a burglary call on Memorial Day. He had walked behind a strip mall in Florissant when investigators say Cannon jumped out of a trash bin and opened fire. Officer Vernon was hit three times.
Officer Vernon has a background in the military and law enforcement and is still deciding on a future career. He is a military veteran who served in Iraq and he will be participating in the Veterans Day parade in Florissant on Sunday at 1:00pm.
Previous Story: Officer Mike Vernon Inspires Others After Being Shotd
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview