PICTURES – Candidates Applying For St. Louis Police Chief
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – 12 candidates who hold the rank of captain or above have applied to be the new chief of the Metropolitan St. Louis Police Department. They will next go through a battery of essay and professional tests prepared in conjunction with the Criminology department at the University of Missouri-St. Louis.
The candidates will all be interviewed by the five-member Board of Police Commissioners. The questions the board asks will largely be guided by the feedback attained at a series of public forums. Plans are for a final decision on a new chief to be made before Christmas.
Current Police Chief Dan Isom retires January 1st to join the Criminology faculty at UMSL.
Candidates who have applied to be the new St. Louis police chief:
- Caruso, Michael (Capt.)
- Dotson, D. Samuel (Capt.)
- Edwards-Fears, Mary (Capt.)
- Harris, Reggie (Lt. Col.)
- Jones, Rochelle (Capt.)
- Kuntz, Edward (Capt.)
- Nocchiero, Paul (Lt. Col.)
- O’Toole, Lawrence, Sr. (Lt. Col.)
- Reagan, Timothy (Lt. Col.)
- Robinson, Ronnie (Capt.)
- Spicer, Gwen (Capt.)
- Spiess, Joseph (Capt.)
Previous story: Police Chief Public Forums Continue ThursdaysSubmit Your Photo
- Two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville school bus accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media