Not Just Gold, Molina Wins Platinum Glove Award
(KTVI)- St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina was announced as the National League’s Platinum Glove Award winner at Rawlings’ Gold Glove Award ceremony in New York City. All of the 2012 Gold Glove recipients in the National and American leagues were eligible for the award. The two winners determined through fan voting.
The American League winner was Texas third baseman Adrian Beltre.
This is the second year that Rawlings has handed out a Platinum Glove. Molina has taken home both NL honors. In 2012, Molina was his fifth straight Gold Glove.
More coverage: Molina Finalist for NL MVP Award
- Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Found? Chinese satellite spots suspected crash at sea
- Taking pics of your hotel room can help stop sex trafficking
- Attempted child abduction in Lake St. Louis
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner