Not Just Gold, Molina Wins Platinum Glove Award
(KTVI)- St. Louis Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina was announced as the National League’s Platinum Glove Award winner at Rawlings’ Gold Glove Award ceremony in New York City. All of the 2012 Gold Glove recipients in the National and American leagues were eligible for the award. The two winners determined through fan voting.
The American League winner was Texas third baseman Adrian Beltre.
This is the second year that Rawlings has handed out a Platinum Glove. Molina has taken home both NL honors. In 2012, Molina was his fifth straight Gold Glove.
More coverage: Molina Finalist for NL MVP Award
- Two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville school bus accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Mother of three loses 110 pounds after battling baby weight