President Barack Obama Wins Florida in Final Tally
FLORIDA (CNN)-President Barack Obama will win Florida, CNN projects. It was the only state that had remained uncalled in the presidential race. With the state’s 29 electoral votes, the final nationwide tally is 332 electoral votes for Obama, 206 for Mitt Romney. Obama reached the needed 270 electoral votes for victory shortly after 11 p.m. Tuesday, based on CNN projections. Romney called the president to concede about an hour later.
In 2008, by comparison, when Obama also won Florida, he had a total of 365 electoral votes to John McCain’s 173 electoral votes.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media