Prohibition Exhibition Coming To St. Louis
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) - A traveling exhibit on the prohibition era is coming to St. Louis. It’s called “American Spirits: The Rise And Fall Of Prohibition.”
Among the items you can see, a hatchet used to bust up saloons, the verdict sheet from al Capone’s trial, and lawman Eliot Ness’ sworn oath of office.
The alcohol ban lasted from 1920 to 1933. No word on the St. Louis location for the exhibit.
- Pot cookies and brownies from Colorado land two suspects in jail
- Jefferson City police searching for missing girl possibly in St. Louis
- Two teens attacked mob style on Washington Avenue
- Suspect shot, killed after trying to rob "Check 'n Go" store
- Man hunt: Preacher accused of 59 counts of molesting girls in Minnesota