Town & Country To Kill 125 Deer
TOWN & COUNTRY, MO. (KTVI) – The Town and Country Board of Alderman voted to hire a sharp shooting company to kill more than 100 deer this year.
The measure is aimed at curbing accidents involving deer.
Last year the board voted to do the same thing.
“It does not work,” Barbara Ann Hughes said. “The year before there were 63 accidents involving deer and this year there have been 65.”
However, the board voted to hire the company unanimously.
This is a debate that has raged in Town and Country or years.
“We have tried several options,” Hughes said.
Another resident said the vote sets a “bad example.”
“Other places will say Town and Country shoots its deer, so we can
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash