Northwest Plaza Coming Down; New Development Going Up
ST. ANN, MO (KTVI) – Northwest Plaza is coming down. Construction on a new development is ramping up. The former Sears Automotive is scheduled to be the first to come down.
80 percent of the old mall is coming down to make room for a $106 million redevelopment. $33 million of that is reportedly coming form Tax Increment Financing. When the project is done, the city of St. Ann and developers are looking forward to new big-box stores, restaurants and a renovated JC Penney and Macy’s.
The groundbreaking starts at 10 a.m. Tuesday morning on St. Charles Rock Road near Lindbergh at the Sears Auto Center.
- Two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville school bus accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media