Missouri USO Handing Out Thanksgiving Gift Baskets
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – The USO of Missouri is stepping up to make sure area military members have a Thanksgiving meal to remember. Volunteers today started putting together more than 1,500 Thanksgiving baskets for military families in need. The $35-40 baskets contain all the fixins for a Thanksgiving meal and a gift card to help families buy a turkey.
The baskets will go to families at military bases throughout Missouri and southern Illinois.
“Thanksgiving can be a time where people are down because maybe someone`s deployed or maybe they just can`t financially provide for their family during this time. And so this is just a little thank you,” says Colvin.
Colvin says family readiness personnel from each base come and pick up the baskets then decide which families are in need of them.
The USO of Missouri does this project every year.It`s funded through private and corporate donations. Boeing is the biggest donor this year. The company donated nearly 650 baskets and more than $14,500.
- Pot cookies and brownies from Colorado land two suspects in jail
- Jefferson City police searching for missing girl possibly in St. Louis
- Two teens attacked mob style on Washington Avenue
- Suspect shot, killed after trying to rob "Check 'n Go" store
- Man hunt: Preacher accused of 59 counts of molesting girls in Minnesota