See The Blanchette Bridge Blast This Sunday
ST. CHARLES, MO (KTVI) – I-70 at the Blanchette bridge will be closed for an hour on Sunday while a section is blasted and dropped into the river. Crews will remove the pieces that drop into the river following the explosion. The bridge will be closed from 10am-11am.
MODOT officials are warning motorists to avoid I-70 on Sunday morning.
Eastbound traffic will detour at route 94 to 364 then to I-270 eastbound and back onto I-70. All westbound traffic will be detoured off of the highway at I-270 to I-70.
A second blast may to happen the week after Thanksgiving. That blast be visible from the St. Charles riverfront.
You can see this blast from the Riverwoods Trail beyond the restricted blast zone. It is accessible from a parking lot located off St Charles Rock Road Road just west of Route 141/Earth City Expressway.
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Two killed in double motorcycle crash in Wentzville
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Mother of three loses 110 pounds after battling baby weight