Using Up Leftover Halloween Candy
(KTVI) – Chef George Guthier, from L`Ecole Culinaire showed Tim some great things to do with some of that leftover Halloween candy. Have you ever tried making some hot chocolate or fudge with candy bars?
Real Hot Chocolate made with leftover chocolate candy bars or Peanut Butter Cup Fudge.
You can learn some of these techniques by enrolling in public classes such as:
- Fudge Factory on 12/1 for $75
- Shaken or Stirred on 11/28 or 12/20 for $50
For more information on classes visit www.lecoleacademy.com or call 314-264-1999.
Real Hot Chocolate
1/2 gal of Whole Milk
1 Vanilla Bean
1 lb. of chocolate
Heat milk gently to a scal (steam). Add one split vanilla bean and cinnamon sticks. Pour the milk over chopped chocolate and stir.
Heat mixture to scal (steam) and serve. (garnish with favorite candy bar crumbles)
Candy Bar Fudge
1 1/2 cups crushed candy bar of choice
2 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 can (14 oz.) condensed milk
1/2 cup peanuts
Line 8-inch square pan with parchment, leaving overhang; sprinkle with 1/2 cup candy. Melt chips in condensed milk over low heat. Add nuts and candy. Pour into pan; chill. Cut into squares.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media