Woman’s Body Found In Vacant Lot In North St. Louis
Update: The woman has been identified as Danah Marie Jackson.
(KTVI) – St. Louis police have a murder mystery on their hands on Thursday.
A woman`s body was discovered in a vacant lot this morning along a busy North city street.
Investigators say a high school student on her way to school found the body. Homicide detectives were called out to the scene at the intersection of North Market and North Grand about 6:45am this morning.
The lot where the body was found is next to a pest control business and right across the street from Saints Teresa and Bridget Catholic Church.
The scene is also not far from the Cochran V.A. Hospital. Police say the victim is a a 31 year old African American woman.
She was partially clothed and there were signs that she had been beaten.Police are only saying that the body had obvious signs of trauma on it. The cause of death is unknown at this time.
Police have identified the body and will release the name when her family is notified.
At this point, police have no suspects or people of interest. If you have any information, call police.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Missouri half-brothers meet after 18-year search