Christmas Comes To St. Louis, Tree Of Lights Campaign Begins
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – St. Louis officially kicked off the holiday season Friday evening with the Macy’s Festival of Lights in Keiner Plaza. Mayor Francis Slay, Santa, and two Rockettes from the Radio City Christmas Spectacular playing at the Peabody Opera House pushed the plunger to light the plaza. The city lighting was followed by fireworks.
Part of what was lit was the Salvation Army’s Christmas tree in Kiener Plaza. The Festival of Lights is also the official start to the Salvation Army Tree of Lights fundraising campaign, of which KPLR and FOX2 are proud sponsors. The campaign, which hopes to raise $6.5 million this season to serve disadvantaged St. Louisans.
- Pot cookies and brownies from Colorado land two suspects in jail
- Jefferson City police searching for missing girl possibly in St. Louis
- Two teens attacked mob style on Washington Avenue
- Suspect shot, killed after trying to rob "Check 'n Go" store
- Man hunt: Preacher accused of 59 counts of molesting girls in Minnesota