Christmas Comes To St. Louis, Tree Of Lights Campaign Begins
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – St. Louis officially kicked off the holiday season Friday evening with the Macy’s Festival of Lights in Keiner Plaza. Mayor Francis Slay, Santa, and two Rockettes from the Radio City Christmas Spectacular playing at the Peabody Opera House pushed the plunger to light the plaza. The city lighting was followed by fireworks.
Part of what was lit was the Salvation Army’s Christmas tree in Kiener Plaza. The Festival of Lights is also the official start to the Salvation Army Tree of Lights fundraising campaign, of which KPLR and FOX2 are proud sponsors. The campaign, which hopes to raise $6.5 million this season to serve disadvantaged St. Louisans.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Missouri half-brothers meet after 18-year search