Illini Lose 8th Straight, 20-17 to Purdue
The 2012 College Football season can’t end quick enough for Illinois. The Fighting Illini dropped their 8th straight game on Saturday, losing 20-17 to Purdue on Senior Day at Memorial Stadium in Champaign, IL. Nathan Scheelhaase threw for 160 yards and ran for a touchdown, but Purdue got 99 yards rushing from Akeem Shavers including the game winning eight yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter to lift the Boilermakers to the victory.
Illinois now stands at 2-9 on the season and 0-7 in Big Ten Conference play. The Illini wrap up their season next Saturday at Northwestern.
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man charged after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon