Gov. Nixon Encourages Hunters To Share The Harvest
PULASKI COUNTY, MO (KTVI) – On Sunday Governor Jay Nixon shot an eight point buck on a hunting trip in Pulaski County. He donated the deer’s venison to Missouri’s “Share The Harvest” program. The program provides meat to families in need.
In 2011 6,200 deer were processed through Share the Harvest program. This resulted in more than 370,000 pounds of venison for needy families.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media