Mediation Fails Between Hostess And Bakers Union
(KTVI) – Hostess has announced that mediation with its bakers’ union has failed and the company will proceed with liquidation plans.
The company behind Twinkies and Wonder Bread told USA Today, it would have no further comment before a bankruptcy hearing scheduled for 10:00 am Wednesday morning, in White Plains, New York.
The union represents about 30% of the company’s 18,500 workers, walked out to strike on November 9th.
The company closed its 33 plants on Friday and sent the rest of its workers home.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims