Mediation Fails Between Hostess And Bakers Union
(KTVI) – Hostess has announced that mediation with its bakers’ union has failed and the company will proceed with liquidation plans.
The company behind Twinkies and Wonder Bread told USA Today, it would have no further comment before a bankruptcy hearing scheduled for 10:00 am Wednesday morning, in White Plains, New York.
The union represents about 30% of the company’s 18,500 workers, walked out to strike on November 9th.
The company closed its 33 plants on Friday and sent the rest of its workers home.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon