Elmo Will Remain on Sesame Street Despite Clash’s Departure
NEW YORK (AP) _ Sesame Street’s beloved Elmo character will continue despite the resignation of the puppeteer behind the character following sexual abuse allegations.
Fifty-two-year-old Kevin Clash resigned Tuesday after a young man sued him and accused him of engaging in sexual behavior with him when he was 15.
Clash did not address the allegations directly but said in a statement that he is “looking forward to resolving these personal matters privately.”
Sesame Workshop says other puppeteers have been trained to serve as Clash’s stand-in. The company said last week that “Elmo is bigger than any one person.”
Toy company Hasbro says it is confident that “Elmo will remain an integral part of Sesame Street.”
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media