IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR DISH SUBSCRIBERS – SERVICE INTERRUPTION – CLICK HERE

Turkey Smoker May Have Started Home Fire Near Desoto

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

JEFFERSON COUNTY, MO. (KTVI) – A family’s home is destroyed on Thanksgiving, while the family was away from their home near Desoto, Missouri.  The fire broke out around 1:50 pm on Klondike Road, off Highway E, just south of Desoto.

The Desoto Fire District responded to the fire, calling in a two alarm fire once they arrived on scene.  The volunteer firemen had to battle wind and the lack of water to put out the blaze, using a near-by lake to get water.

The home was a total loss and a neighboring home suffered damage to its roof and siding.

Three firefighters were slightly injured and treated on scene.

Fire officials are looking at an electric turkey smoker as a possible cause of the fire.