As Holiday Weekend Ends, People Return Home
ST. LOUIS (KTVI) – Thousands of Thanksgiving holiday travelers headed home from St. Louis Sunday, Jessica Turner was visiting her parents.
“I go to school in Kansas City, so it was great to get to be with them for the holiday,” she said.
Turner traveled on an Amtrak Train.
“It is pretty fast and a lot better than driving,” she said.
Amtrak said more than 725,000 people rode its trains during the holiday.
That is a record.
Lambert was also filled with holiday travelers.
“I am going back to Washington, D.C. after visiting my wonderful family here,” Anne Flaker said.
Lambert official told Fox 2 it saw an increase in travelers this Thanksgiving compared to last.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media