Some Choose Trains To Enjoy Their Holiday Travel
KIRKWOOD, MO (KTVI) – Thanksgiving is traditionally the heaviest travel weekend of the year, with the Sunday after Thanksgiving taking the title as the busiest travel day of the season.
AAA estimates that 37.2 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more from home this holiday.
Air Transport Association predicts 16.3 million travelers will take to the air.
But there was at least one place where the traveling crowds were kept in check. At the Kirkwood Station, 162 people had gone though the doors before the noon hour.
“It’s the holiday season and we get so rushed that we can’t appreciate the beauty around us. On a train you can sit back and relax and see the world,” says Kirkwood Station Volunteer Midge Supp- Feldman.
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon