Feds Cracking Down On Counterfeit Websites
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)– The feds are targeting websites of so-called online predators who sell knock off name brand merchandise.
This is an international crackdown in the US and in Europe.
Top level internet domains such as “dot.eu” Or “dot.uk” were targeted in a coordinated action and 132 websites were shut down on both continents.
Nike Airmaze, Timberland, Louis Vuitton, Oakley sunglasses even Adobe software are among the bootlegged items.
Some red flags to watch out for; prices that are way too low. To avoid a knock off, buy from a reputable, known online merchant.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Missouri half-brothers meet after 18-year search