Chris Long Entertains Donors At Rams Blood Drive
MARYLAND HEIGHTS, MO (KTVI) – Donors gave blood and enjoyed a game of washers with St. Louis Rams Defensive End Chris Long Tuesday.
It was part of the 13th Annual Rams Blood Drive for the St. Louis Regional American Red Cross. Volunteers grilled up hot dogs outside The Heights Recreation Center. Inside, blood donors also signed holiday cards for the Mail for Heroes Campaign. The cards would then go to military men and women serving the U.S. on active duty.
“We’ve already collected about 15,000 cards for veterans,” Long pointed out.
Regional Red Cross CEO Cindy Erickson is also a two-time cancer survivor. She said she knows how it feels to get precious blood.
She also urged the St. Louis Community to sign what may be the only holiday greeting some veterans will get this year, “It’s amazing some of the small kids write on the cards, ‘Thank you for keeping me safe. Thank you for keeping our freedoms,’”
Donors got snacks, a t-shirt, a hot dog with even more snacks at the tailgating party. Rams cheerleaders also signed autographs and Rampage entertained donors.
The drive goes until 7:00pm Tuesday.
13th Annual Rams Blood Drive for the St. Louis Regional American Red Cross
8001 Dale Ave.
Richmond Heights, MO 63117
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Two killed in double motorcycle crash in Wentzville
- Mother of three loses 110 pounds after battling baby weight