Metro’s Most Wanted: Funeral Home Thieves
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – In South St. Louis county police say they are being hit hard by a ring of thieves who at times are preying on people grieving for the dead. Patrick Vuichard, Laura Bellinger, and Adam Tochtrop are all on the run from cops, suspects in a string of ripoffs in parking lots.
Officers say they like to hit parking areas at parks, and, funeral homes. Yes, funeral homes. Police say they smash out car windows and grab purses and wallets. Then they steal the credit cards.
From there, they head for nearby stores in a Chevy Trailblazer. Police say it is usually the woman, Bellinger who goes in and makes the purchases.
They’ve been seen in Circle K and Walgreens stores on Lemay Ferry as well as a Walgreens on Gravois and a Circle K on South Broadway in south city.
Among other locations they have allegedly hit two Kutis funeral homes and the Hoffmeister funeral home.
All three live in South City, and police say Vuichard is a known meth cook as well.
If you have any information, contact CrimeStoppers at 866-371-TIPS (8477). There may be a reward and you will remain anonymous.
- Pot cookies and brownies from Colorado land two suspects in jail
- Jefferson City police searching for missing girl possibly in St. Louis
- Two teens attacked mob style on Washington Avenue
- Suspect shot, killed after trying to rob "Check 'n Go" store
- Man hunt: Preacher accused of 59 counts of molesting girls in Minnesota