Faulty Dishwasher Causes $70,000 In Damages To Home
ST. PETERS, MO. (KTVI) – A fire that caused serious damage to a home in St. Peters is being blamed on a faulty dishwasher.
On the day before thanksgiving the fire caused about $70,000 dollars in damage to the two story home on Hidden Lake Drive. The homeowner left in the morning with no clue that a running dishwasher inside the house was a fire waiting to happen.
An investigation by Central County Fire and Rescue discovered that the appliance was part of a recall, because an electrical component in the dishwashers could overheat and cause a fire.
Fire officials say no one was hurt in the fire, but it points out the importance of registering every electrical appliance you bring into your home.
The consumer product safety commission provides regular product recall information on its website.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media