Residents, MSD Battle Over Creek Erosion In Des Peres
DES PERES, MO (KTVI)– It’s a battle that has been months in the making and now a vocal group of Des Peres residents is taking action. They filed a federal lawsuit this morning to stop construction along this stretch of two mile creek construction that MSD says is necessary to curtail erosion.
At issue is this 2,300 foot stretch of the creek that MSD wants to line with large concrete blocks. Earlier this summer residents complained that similar blocks further upstream had become a breeding ground for West Nile infested mosquitoes.
Residents are also unhappy about the overall scope of the project. They say it’s just too big, way too expensive and will cause un-necessary damage to the ecosystem and local wildlife.
Late this afternoon i spoke with MSD. They are aware of the lawsuit by have not yet seen it. They do tell me that there are residents who live along this creek that are happy with the plans and the construction, which is set to be completed in may pending the outcome of the impending litigation.
- Two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville school bus accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media