Watch The 550 Million Powerball Lotto Drawing Again
ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) – FOX 2 showed Wednesday’s 550 Million Powerball lotto drawing LIVE on-air. But, you can see it again on YouTube. The Powerball organization posts each drawing to their YouTube channel.
Or just check the numbers here:
The winning numbers for the Powerball lottery drawing on Nov. 28 are 5, 23, 16, 22, 29 and the Powerball number is 6.
Previous story: Powerball jackpot boosted again to $550M
The Odds Of Winning the 550 Million Jackpot:
(CNN) — Last March, when the people of America were drooling at the thought of winning a record $656 million Mega Millions jackpot, we poured an icy bucket of mathematical reality over your head: You weren’t going to win.
And you didn’t. Three winning tickets were sold, but you weren’t involved. It was never going to happen. As we wrote then, you stood a better chance at hitting two consecutive holes in one than winning that jackpot.
Now, with a record $550 million Powerball jackpot up for grabs Wednesday, we figured it was a great time to, once again, dash your dreams. We know, we know — someone will win at least a share of the prize, if not Wednesday, then in some subsequent drawing. But it won’t be you.
The chance of a ticket winning a Powerball jackpot is 1 in 175,223,510 (slightly better than the chance of winning a Mega Millions jackpot, which is 1 in 175,711,536). Here are a few unlikely scenarios that, we’re sorry to say, are much more likely than you taking home this jackpot.
From the Harvard School of Public Health:
- Dying from a bee sting: 1 in 6.1 million.
- Dying from a lightning strike: 1 in 3 million.
From U.S. Hole in One, which insures golf prizes for holes in one:
- An amateur golfer making a hole in one on a par-3 hole: 1 in 12,500.
- A golfer hitting a hole in one on consecutive par-3 holes: 1 in about 156 million.
From a 2011 State Farm study on collisions between vehicles and deer:
- Hitting a deer with a vehicle in Hawaii, the state where State Farm says deer-vehicle collisions are least likely: 1 in 6,267.
From the National Weather Service:
- Being struck by lightning over an 80-year lifetime: 1 in 10,000.
- From the Florida Museum of Natural History, based on U.S. beach injury statistics:
- Drowning and other beach-related fatalities: 1 in 2 million.
- Being attacked by a shark: 1 in 11.5 million.
What do you think about your chances of winning on Wednesday? Weigh in on Twitter using #whataretheodds.
The-CNN™ & © 2012 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Missouri half-brothers meet after 18-year search