Illinois Eavesdropping Law
(KTVI) – It’s a felony in Illinois to record a conversation unless everyone being recorded agrees. If you record someone in law enforcement without their knowledge, you could be sent to prison for 15 years.
But Wednesday, the future of the 1961 Illinois Evasdropping Act crumbled at bit more. Attorney Chet Pleban joins us to discuss the future of the one of the toughest laws of its kind in the nation.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims