Judge To Rule In SW MO Couple Sex Slave Case
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) _ A federal judge says he doesn’t think Missouri’s Western District is the right place to define what is considered normal within the kinky sex community.
U.S. District Judge Dean Whipple on Thursday heard arguments from prosecutors and defense attorneys for a southwest Missouri couple accused of keeping a woman as a sex slave for several years.
Lawyers for 45-year-old Edward Bagley and 47-year-old Marilyn Bagley want to bring an expert witness to the couple’s trial in February to explain about the bondage, dominance, sadism and masochism lifestyle.
Whipple was surprised when told evidence in the case includes photographs. He was even more taken aback when defense attorney Susan Dill told him her expert witness takes part in BDSM activities.
The judge said he needed to do more research before ruling.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims