Winning MO Powerball Ticket Verified
DEARBORN, Mo. (AP) _ The Missouri Lottery has verified the state’s winning Powerball ticket.
A news conference to reveal who bought the ticket is planned for Friday morning at a high school in Dearborn, the small northwestern Missouri town where the ticket was purchased.
One of the jackpot’s two winning tickets was purchased at a gas station in Dearborn, about 30 miles north of Kansas City. The other was bought at a convenience store in suburban Phoenix.
The winners will split the record $588 million Powerball jackpot.
Missouri Lottery chief operations officer Gary Gonder says he can’t provide any details, including whether the ticet was bought by someone from Missouri.
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Two killed in Wentzville motorcycle crash; school buses delayed
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified
- Mother of three loses 110 pounds after battling baby weight