Apartment Fire Displaces North City Family
NORTH ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)-An apartment fire early Sunday has left a north St. Louis family without a home. A neighbor who smelled smoke alerted the family to the fire in a house serving as a four-family flat in the 3300 block of Keokuk.
The fire was contained to the one apartment. Firefighters were able to put out the flames within 15 minutes of arriving on scene.
Four people were inside the apartment, which did not have a working smoke detector. One adult was transported to the hospital but did not appear to have suffered significant injuries.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims