You Paid For It: Green Alley Cost
ST. LOUIS, MO. (KTVI) – The You Paid For it Team Investigates the Cadillac of alley’s that cost taxpayers plenty. One Green Alley on Geyer in South St. Louis cost $140,000.
MSD paid part of the cost. The City Of St. Louis paid the rest.
It’s supposed to reduce the amount of water flowing into the MSD sewers.
But once officials finished the alleys they got an unwelcomed surprise. It seems it takes a lot to maintain them. They were hoping to build a lot of Green Alleys throughout the city but after this they’re having second thoughts.
- Woman's auto-payments hid her death for six years
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon