Woman Robbed After Rear-Ended In Construction Zone
WASHINGTON PARK, IL (KTVI)– A woman driving along Interstate 64 and Kingshighway near Washington Park was robbed after she was rear ended in a construction zone. She pulled over to exchange insurance information with a man in the other car. When she reached inside of her car for paperwork the man attacked her. He snatched her keys, purse and phone. Soon after the man jumped into his car and took off.
Illinois State Police Trooper Mike Link says it was a bold move considering it was rush hour with hundreds of cars on the road.
“If you feel uncomfortable in a situation, there is nothing saying you have to get out of the car. If you have to exchange information that`s fine. Technically you have to stay on scene but if you are uncomfortable you can move just let law enforcement know,” said Link.
Police say the driver of the other car is described as a black male with a thin build. They are hoping all drivers and shoppers take precautions while out and about. They say it’s best to take essential IDs and credit cards.
- Pot cookies and brownies from Colorado land two suspects in jail
- Jefferson City police searching for missing girl possibly in St. Louis
- Two teens attacked mob style on Washington Avenue
- Suspect shot, killed after trying to rob "Check 'n Go" store
- Man hunt: Preacher accused of 59 counts of molesting girls in Minnesota