Visitation Held For Volunteer Firefighter Killed By Fire Truck
BARTELSO, IL (KTVI)– A large turnout is expected as a community gets ready to bury a volunteer firefighter, run over by his own fire truck.
Tim Jansen, 45, was behind the fire truck, possibly guiding it, when he was struck and killed late Sunday night.
It happened while crews were battling a house fire.
Visitation is underway until 8 p.m. at St. Cecilia Catholic Church in Bartelso.
His funeral is Thursday morning is at the same location.
- Police: Infant's body found in Missouri cave
- Man gives homeless guy a ‘winning’ lottery ticket; homeless guy insists they share it
- Man arrested after making threatening phone call to Granite City school
- Jury finds man guilty of shooting, paralyzing Officer Vernon
- Poplar Street Bridge reopens after major semi crash