Creve Coeur Home Damaged By Fire
CREVE COEUR, MO (KTVI) – A Creve Coeur home was seriously damaged in an intense early morning fire. Now investigators are trying to focus in on the cause. Authorities think the blaze started in the back part of the home on a covered deck, likely in a trash can. They found a cigarette butt in the trash can, but they are still investigating to determine if a cigarette started the fire.
The homeowner says he was awakened by a crackling noise outside. He got up to go check it out, saw the fire and called 911.
The ranch home is on South Spoede road near Ladue Road.
The blaze quickly grew to two alarms when crews first arrived at the scene a little after 1:00am Thursday. There was concern because the fire was starting to get into the roof.
Firefighters were able to bring it under control in time to salvage the home. In addition to fire damage, there is substantial smoke and water damage inside the house.
Investigators say the fire is accidental; nothing suspicious about it.
The homeowner was the only one inside the house when the fire happened.
Fortunately, he got out okay. There were no injuries.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims