Meth Addict Shot By Deputy, Reveals Struggle With Drugs
FRANKLIN COUNTY, MO. (KTVI) – The family of a Franklin County man, who was shot by a sheriff’s deputy, told FOX2 meth caused his criminal actions.
Timothy Kalter was shot twice while trying to escape deputies in a stolen car, according to the Franklin County Sheriff’s Office.
Kalter’s mother, Debra Delmain, said his “addiction to meth” caused him to steal the car.
“He changed after the drugs,” she said. “He just was not the same.”
A cell phone video captured a message Kalter sent to family members just hours after he was shot.
“It was heartbreaking to watch that,” Delmain said. “He is my son, and I love him.”
Delmain said she hopes sharing her story keeps others from using drugs.
She also hopes her son changes his life.
“I will not turn my back on him,” she said.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims