Senator McCaskill’s Still Paying Off Campaign Debt
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) _ Missouri Sen. Claire McCaskill spent more than $19 million on her re-election campaign but hasn’t finished paying all the bills.
A summary of the Democratic senator’s finances released Friday shows she had less than $8,800 in her campaign account as of Nov. 26.
McCaskill defeated Republican congressman Todd Akin last month after waging a heavy TV advertising campaign.
Her finance report shows she spent nearly $19.3 million during the campaign and has a debt of about $238,000
Campaign manager Adrianne Marsh says McCaskill has some outstanding invoices for ad production.
Akin also has been seeking donations to repay campaign debt. But it’s not clear how much Akin still owes, because his campaign has declined to release a summary of his post-election finance report.
- Two killed, bus driver injured in crash; another cyclist saw it all happen
- Mother accused of detonating fireworks inside SUV found dead
- "Listen, Listen, honey!" 3-year-old negotiates cupcakes for dinner
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Police identify Babler State Park Murder-Suicide victims