South City Subway Robbed
ST. LOUIS (KTVI) – A Subway worker, who faced the barrel of a gun during an armed robbery, describes her fear.
“It was really scary and it’s scary coming back to work every day,” said the worker who asked us not to reveal her name.
The Subway store on the corner of S. Grand and Shenandoah has been robbed twice during the past month.
The store owner shared surveillance video with us that he says shows the same suspect committing each robbery.
The most recent robbery was Saturday at 9:16pm. The video shows a family hitting the floor for safety, even knocking over a stroller with a toddler inside.
The unnamed worker we talked with said now she looks over her shoulder constantly out of fear.
“It’s scary,” she said. “I’m working trying to make a living trying to get Christmas for my kid and people do things like that.”
The store owner hopes someone will call police after recognizing the suspect. The phone number for Crimestoppers is 1-866-371-TIPS.
- Police identify two motorcyclists killed in Wentzville accident
- "The Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin’s last words revealed in interview
- Sandwich Suspension: 2-year-old girl punished by daycare over cheese sandwich
- Company denies drug to dying child, family turns to social media
- Motorcyclist killed in Jefferson County crash identified